Sunday, June 5, 2011

Review of Lucky 107

So this is my first review, like, pretty much ever, so if it seems jumpy or weird, that is probably why. Lol. I'm a noob in that regard I guess. But oh well. Here goes!

I heard about a company called Lucky 107 that sells their products through Artfire. They make all sorts of handmade goodies like eye shadows, lip balms, lip glosses , and other cosmetics. I ordered 3 lip balms, because I'm a lip balm addict basically...they were Hot Side Stunna Lip BalmMango Tango Lip Balm, and Paris Lip Balm.

The shipping was absolutely wonderful, and I was definitely kept up-to-date on the progress of my order. The owner, Rebecca Masters, let me know when she had made them! So that was also kind of cool, they weren't just products sitting around...they were actually made special for me.. :-) When she says they are handmade goodies made with love, she's right!

But probably the most awesome part of all was when I actually got the package...


...it was completely decorated BY HAND!!!! She had drawn her logo on the package herself!!! I thought that was such a cute, personal touch. It shows that she definitely put some heart into what she was doing. I love when companies leave hand-written notes in their packages, too. But I hadn't even opened the package yet at this point...And I thought this was awefully big for just 3 lip balms...I finally opened it...

...I found some awesome blue bubble wrap! Lol. And also some papers that were wrapped in plastic! I'm one those people that when I get a gift, I open the card first. :-)

There were several things inside of the plastic envelope. 

I received 2 business cards...

A personal note from the owner...
A brochure about Lucky 107...
[Here's the brochure in a bit more detail. I had actaully designed something similar for a product I have been working on, only it was set up like a menu. It's something I think would be excellent to give to every customer, because it shows that they put a great deal of thought and planning into their products, packaging, and what they want their business to stand for.]

They I took the bubble wrapp off the top...I have to say the presentation is the best I have seen so far. Rebecca really goes all out!

HOW CUTE IS THAT!? It's kind of like a little gift basket in a package! With prodcuts inside of cupcake paper! :-)

As you can see, I got more than what I ordered, which was super sweet! In addition to my 3 lip balms, I also got a sample of an eye shadow called Radioactive, a sample of the Matte About You matte facial powder, and sample of something called Barrel, which is a red rose, thyme, and vanilla scented lotion bar!

For this post, I will only be reviewing the items I purchased, not the samples. I am going to save the samples for another time when I have not already done my makeup...lol. :-) Here are my thoughts on the Lucky 107 lippies!!!

I tried the Paris lip balm first. Okay, so first off, it smells SUPER wonderful! I love vanilla scents...they are sooooo soothing. It is clear/nude when applied, and super moisturizing on the lips. I also noticed it had a hint of shimmer to it! I love how it made my lips look AND feel! Paris definitely wins for not being a plain ol' vanilla! That shimmer really won me over. The photo doesn't show it too well, but the shimmer is there.


Then I tried the Mango Tango lip balm. This one has what I call  a buildable color. When applied in one swipe, it's a pretty sheer bronze orange, but as you keep applying, it intensifies the color. The picture I am posting is what it looked like when I applied it pretty liberally. I loved the way it felt, and it's a great summer color with a little bronze shimmer to compliment your summer skin! (Although I am super pale year round lol. Regardless, it looked good on me so I'm quite satisfied!) Lol. :-P

Finally, I tried the Hot Side Stunna lip balm. I loved the pink tube on this one! It made it stand out with the others for sure! This color was also clear/nude with a little bit of shimmer. It is raspberry flavored! It was super moisturizing and I definitely loved how it felt on. I will also add that ALL of these stayed very and didn't feel at all sticky or heavy. They were super light and EXACTLY what a lip balm should be! I'm very very happy with my purchases!

:::THE VERDICT:::
Overall, I was EXTREMELY pleased with my purchase. The products were wonderful! Plus, not only was it supporting a small business, it was going towards someone that I would love to shop with again. Rebecca is something that I feel like I can definitely trust, who is kind of like me in the sense of that she isn't doing it to make a living, she's doing it because it's fun and she loves it and wants to share what she has created with others. And I can definitely tell in the quality of her products and the quality of her customer service. Lucky 107 definitely went above and beyond what I had expected and I will definitely be ordering from them again!

Thanks for reading, be sure to become a fan of Lucky 107 Cosmetics on Facebook!
You can order all of the products I reviewed by clicking their names to go to their individual store pages! Or, you can browse the Lucky 107 Artfire Store for even more goodies!


No comments:

Post a Comment